How can I get in touch with the government about Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)?

Nowadays, it’s not easy to find a job. The good news is, if you are unemployed or between jobs or working for less than sixteen (16) hours per week you are entitled to financial support. In the UK, job seekers are entitled to allowance until you find a stable job. What exactly is job seekers allowance (JSA)? How do you qualify for job seekers allowance assistance? How can you claim this benefit? What are your options if you are denied this allowance? Read on to learn more.

Jobseekers allowance can simply be defined as some sort of assistance that unemployed people or low income earners get from the government. In general, there are two major types of job seekers allowance,contribution based JSA and Income based JSA. You can visit their Facebook here:

If you were employed before and your tax records show that you have been paying National Insurance contributions, chances are you are qualified for contribution based JSA. The amount of money that you will receive will depend on the following factors: – your age, eligibility and living condition. You can visit the UK Government Twitter here:

On average you can expect to receive the following amount per month for a period of about six months:

• £57.35 – For ages 16 -24
• £72.40 – For ages 25 and above
If your tax records show that your National Insurance contribution is less than expected, you can qualify for income based JSA. This type of JSA is ideal for those people who have no income or are low income earners. The amount to expect is as follows:

• £57.35 – Meant for singles who are under 25 years
• £72.40 – Meant for singles who are over 25
• £113.70 – Meant for couples who are 18 years and over
• £72.40 – For lone parents who are 18 years and over
• £57.35 – For lone parents who are under 18 years

Any individual who is aged 18 and over, has no pension, currently not in a full time school program, living in Wales, Scotland or England, available and ready to work, or work for less than 16 hours per week is eligible and qualified the benefit – you can phone the JSA contact number here, and speak to a member of their team.
So, how do you claim this benefit? There are two major ways in which you can claim this allowance. They are as follows:

• Through an online application
• Telephone

If you are lucky, you will be called for an interview probably at your local job center plus. At the interview, your job adviser will discuss with you the steps that you need to take to secure employment. Some of the options that you will discuss with your adviser include seeking help writing your resume, getting help from job seekers agencies, preparing for interview, enrolling for various training program to improve your skills, and so on and so forth.

Other ways to get in contact with JSA

If you are not sure where to start, you can also seek information from social media networks. Most of the organizations have social media accounts where you can ask them anything you want and seek further assistance without having to visit them in person. If you feel like your case is not handled properly, you can always seek help from the Ombudsman office.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published / Required fields are marked *